What are watts?
A watt is a unit of measurement that tracks your overall engagement within the various components of the higi platform.
You can earn watts by checking into a higi station and by recording your physical activity with the higi app or an activity tracker that is linked to your higi account - see below for syncing instructions.
How to use the higi app step tracker:
1. Open the higi app and log in to your account
2. Tap the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the higi app > Tap 'Devices'
3. Make sure the toggle for 'higi' is on.
We use healthkit (iOS) and Google Fit (Android) services to track your steps via mobile. An internet connection is required to push that activity to the higi service, therefore, you need to turn your cellular data/wifi on for higi.
How to sync an Apple Watch to the higi app to track your activity:
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is successfully paired to your Apple iPhone; if you are unsure of how to do so, please follow the instructions here
- Download the higi app onto your iPhone from the App Store
- Sign into the higi app or login with an existing higi account
- Allow higi to access your step data from HealthKit when prompted by a pop-up notification
The Apple Watch and iPhone use HealthKit to track your step data, which gets rid of duplicate step data to allow for a more accurate step reading. Allowing higi to access HealthKit will account the steps tracked from both your Apple Watch and your iPhone!